Thank you for purchasing my theme. ☀️
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions.
If you have any questions, problems, or requests, feel free to drop me a message on my ThemeForest profile. It’s in the right sidebar of this page. I will respond to you as soon as I can. Response time: 1-48 hours.
ThemeForest contact form – ThemeKitten on ThemeForest.
Item Support Policy
Envato Item Support Policy – http://themeforest.net/page/item_support_policy
What is Monarch?
Monarch is a clean, professional and modern next generation WordPress & BuddyPress Theme that is best suitable for online community, social networks, team blogs, social sites, educational networks for school, common interest networks or fan sites with member profiles, activity streams, user groups, messaging, and more.
- Designed with modern trends and techniques in mind, Monarch will help your product stand out in an already saturated web.
- Each element is thought over and made with utmost care and love. Designed and built within one year of development.
- Built using the latest web technologies, rest assured Monarch will look smashing on every device under the sun.
You can customize it easy.
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed.
Some useful links:
When you purchase our theme from ThemeForest, you need to download the Monarch files from your a ThemeForest account.
Monarch Package – Contains the monarch.zip and monarch-child.zip into “WordPress theme” folder.
The child theme is only for users who make code changes.
Install Monarch via WordPress
- Navigate to WP Dashboard => Appearance => Themes.
- Click Install Themes and click the Upload button.
- Navigate the monarch.zip file on your computer and click Install Now
- Activate the newly installed theme by going to Appearance => Themes and clicking the Activate button.
How To Update The Theme
- Log into your ThemeForest account.
- Download the latest version Monarch theme in your Downloads tab.
Via WordPress Dashboard
1. Install plugin “Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades“
2. Upload the new version:
- Go to your site WordPress Admin Panel.
- Go to Appearance => Themes => Install Themes => Upload.
- Click Browse and select the zip file.
- Click Install Now.
Via Envato WordPress Toolkit
WP Dashboard => Appearance => Monarch => Install Plugins
Insert your Marketplace username and secret API key in the designated input fields. To obtain your API Key, visit your “My Settings” page on any of the Envato Marketplaces.
1. Download from ThemeForest.
2. Access your server via FTP.
3. Browse to wp-content/themes/.
4. Delete and override the “Monarch” folder files.
- Go to your site WordPress Admin Panel.
- Head to your WP Dashboard => Plugins => Add New menu. Search and install “BuddyPress”.
- Make sure you have pretty permalinks enabled on your WordPress install.
- Activate BuddyPress. You will be redirected to the BuddyPress Welcome screen.
Monarch require default links for the BuddyPress pages and Widgets page:
- Register page – /register
- Login page – /login
- Members page – /members
- Activity page – /activity
- Groups page – /groups
- Activate page – /activate
- Widgets page – /widgets
Please go to WP Dashboard => Appearance => Widgets and drag any widgets to “Widget Area One”, “Widget Area Two”, “Widget Area BuddyPress”, “Widgets Page Area” & “Widget Area bbPress”.
Go to WP Dashboard => Appearance => Customize
- Click the Appearance tab then Menus Sub Tab
- To create a new custom menu, click the “create a new menu” link, give the menu a name, and click Create Menu button
- Add new menu, enter the menu name then click Save
- Assign the menu to the Menu location
Import Demo Content
If you want, you can import the Dummy Content. By doing this, you will get all post and page that you see in the demo.
Monarch Package – Contains the demo.xml into “Demo content” folder.
- Log into your dashboard and navigate to Tools => Import, and choose the WordPress importer.
- Upload the demo.xml using the form provided on that page.
- If you want BuddyPress Demo Content you can install plugin BuddyPress Default Data.
- For bbPress – EpicWebs bbPress Test Data
How to change the icon in the BuddyPress menu
Go to ionicons.com and click on the desired icon. Copy the “Icon name”.
Go to WP Dashboard => Appearance => Menus => click “Screen Options” => activate “CSS Classes”
Click on your menu item and paste the “Icon name” in CSS Classes (optional)
Click Save Menu
How to change the default background image on the Profile Page:
Replace this image – \\monarch\\css\\img\\cover.png
Video & Audio Post – the player is blank
Video and audio iframes must be before the tag “more”.
Redirect site/wp-login.php to the site/login/
Only for WordPress 4.6
Copy it into your WordPress folder and replace.